Thursday, September 01, 2005

Yuckies

Today is a BIG day in the Slipka household. Jack went poops on the potty for the FIRST TIME. I feel like potty training is 2/3rds over! YEAH! This really is not my forte.

After a week with Granny, he was peeing on the potty great (if he was naked from the waist down. Apparently the kid doesn't mind sitting in his own urine) but still no stools. I didn't know how we were ever going to get to that, since his new trick was to poop right when he woke up (the guy needs a little privacy, and frankly I don't blame him). Chad told me to relax, it will happen, so I did; kinda. This morning, wifely guilt took over and I got up to get Charlie a bottle for once, and on my way to the kitchen, I heard Jack singing in bed. So I went in there to see if he had pooped already; he hadn't, so I stripped him down. Little guy was NOT happy, but what can you do.

I wondered how long he would hold out - 2 1/2 hours is how long! I was on the computer, Charlie is napping, and Jack ran into the office yelling "Yuckies!!!". I knew what that meant! Went in, and sure enough, there was poop. Poop on the living room floor, in the doorway to his bedroom, his bedroom floor, and a little bit in the POTTY!!! I am guessing he started there and got scared or grossed out or something. Poor little guy. Anyway, 5 m&ms were his reward, and lots of cheering, and a call to Granny and to Daddy. Let's hope this continues!!!

No comments: