Thursday, April 14, 2005

Another Month Down

My Chucker is now 9 months old. In 3 months he will be one year. It is amazing to think about what life was like before him. What a cliche, but I guess there is a reason that everyone is saying it, huh?

Life with him is getting pretty good. Both of my boys seem to have settled comfortably around the 9 month mark. Sleeping well at night, check. Fairly predictable schedule during the day, check. Happy little dude, CHECK.

He still only has the one tooth, but with the amount of sleep and poop he has been producing, not to mention the size of his swollen gums, I think that tooth has a buddy joining him here soon. Charlie is a pretty good teether. With Jack, I remember we would have about a week of misery, and then all would be well, and then a week or two later, a tooth would emerge. With Charlie, there is some discomfort, a little Tylenol is needed some days, more napping, and then, a tooth! I thought I would be really sad to see the first tooth, but it is so cute, it is hard to be sad. I am lucky that my kids bloom a little late in this regard. When the teeth come, I am ready.

Still no crawling, but we are getting ever closer. He is doing the up on all 4s and scoots backwards. He just recently also mastered going from all 4s to sitting up. He isn't much of a stander, doesn't get that you have to hold on and has wobbly legs. In fact, his crib is still on the highest setting!

Eating is still going well. I might get him started on eating what we do, all of the time. He seems to have mastered Cheerios (actually, this protein cereal stuff my Mom convinced me to buy...) so I think he is ready. Plus, less work for me. I am starting to get kind of stagnant with his food choices. His meals are usually applesauce for breakfast (no rice cereal even, we have been out for awhile, and I burnt the batch I made yesterday), squash for lunch, and chicken and apples for dinner. I mixed it up yesterday, tho (had to, we were out of the chicken!) and made him a batch of peas and a batch of chicken and potatoes. So, for a few days at least, he has some food. Then, I guess we will just throw him to the wolves.

He is kind of vocal, but not really using word-like sounds. I think he may have used a ma ma, sound, but not often enough for me to remember. But he loves to give kisses, always grasps the tiny hairs on the back of my neck when I pick him up, loves to jump and rock back and forth, laughs easily and often, and generally adores his big brother. I am so in love with this kid, it hurts. I miss him when I go to work, and love the fact that I have to walk by him to get to my room (messed up old house!). He still smells like a baby, and has soft skin and nice, soft little poops and I just can't get enough (not of the poops, the kid!).

No comments: