Friday, December 09, 2005

When it Pours

First, on a light note, Charlie is starting to speak sentences! Those toddler sentences, where it sounds like he is asking/saying something, but you can't make out any of the words. I clearly remember Jack doing it (can't remember when, mind you), and I remember how that merged into understanding a word or two, and then finally, all of it! So, very exciting. It seems like Charlie is doing everything faster than Jack did (it could be; they say that the 2nd kid when they are very close together tends to do things faster) but Charlie is almost as old and Jack was when Charlie was born! I can't believe it, he seems so much younger! Hence my need to record things HERE.

Anyway, onto the main reason I am making this entry. It seems Chad's inferior jeans are rearing their ugly head again. Jack has a hydrocele, which, I guess, is a hernia. Chad had one when he was 5, Jack is just a quicker learner or something. We had to go to urgent care last night, as Jack left testicle looked like the size of a walnut. Of course, Chad is in Canada, so his parents came over. Don watched a slumbering Charlie, and Connie came with me. The ped. took about 25 seconds of squeezing to diagnose it, and we have to see another ped. today, I guess to confirm? and to schedule surgery? Not sure. The ped. last night was less than friendly. Or talkative. So, my poor, little baby boy is gonna go under the knife. And I just hope his Daddy will be here for it!

No comments: