Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Here We Go Again

Well, I am pregnant. I am shocked, and not shocked at the same time. My first inclinations were when I was feeling nauseous and when I had to get up and pee at 4 am on Saturday night/Sunday morning. I was 5 days late (that is, if I have regular 28 day cycles, which I don't even know anymore!!!) and I thought it was time to take a test (this was Sunday). I have to admit that I wanted it to be negative. I wanted one more month to lose some weight, get into the groove and be ready. But that was not to be, and I am totally fine with it now.

As it stands, I have a due date of 9/14. That will probably change 100 times, because that seems like the way it goes. Part of me wants to have it on Chad's bday, the 12th, but the other part of me wants a Libra baby, so wait until the 20th/21st. Oh well, once again, not up to me!!!


As far as symptoms, there is the nausea. I had it with Jack, and was sick twice, I think. I just never felt like eating with Charlie. So far, no puking this time around. Also, I am not nearly as tired as I was with Jack or Charlie. I am staying up really late, not napping and have a ton of energy! I am shocked. With as much organizing and exercising I have been doing around here, you would think I was into the nesting phase. I hope I can keep the exercising up through the pregnancy, because I am 20 lbs up from Jack and I don't want to get out of hand. I have been working hard the past few months and I don't want to start back where I was after I had Charlie.

I have told my mom and sister so far, no one else. Chad isn't really ready, and neither am I, to be honest. We still have the other house and not a whole lot of money, and frankly, I don't want to be judged. I wanted to wait and tell my parents when we were out there in 2 weeks, but they booked a cruise for Sept 23rd! I felt I had better tell them, in case they wanted to change it. So, I blurted it out. Lin told me that she is really happy, that she wants a girl (who doesn't around here!). And we did this string test thing a few months ago that said I would have 2 boys and a girl. We shall see; more things I have no control over.

I told Lin yesterday. I put a shirt on Charlie (I made it with an iron on transfer!) that said "My Mommy is going to have a baby!". I kind of had to point it out to her!! She read it, laughed, then looked at me and said "WHAT?". See, it is funny, she had just asked me on Friday or so if I was pregnant. No idea why, but she did. I said no, because I didn't know yet, so she was suprised when I told her I was a few days later! hahahaha. Poor kid. Anyway, she is excited too, I think. It is hard to know. I think we may tell Chad's parents on Friday. They are watching Charlie while Jack has his surgery on Sat am. Good times, good times.

I am 4 weeks, 5 days pregnant!

No comments: