Monday, December 13, 2004

Bananas for Bananas

Well, in the wide world of solids, Charlie has moved into Canada (what?). I tried bananas on him yesterday, and ooooh boy, did he love them! Sure, he seemed to say with his eyes, that rice cereal stuff was new and interesting, but bananas are tasty! And he sure is easy to please! A little breastmilk and mushy banana, and the kid is in heaven. He ate is up so fast, I had to make 3 bowls of it for him! Well, baby-sized bowls, but still. I really want to give him avocado, but since there is that 3 day rule, I have to wait. I keep forgetting about all of the rules! I want it to be like Jack is now...just throw whatever at him and see how he likes it.

In other news, Jack and Charlie were really cute this afternoon together. Charlie was in his exersaucer, which he is really starting to get the groove of now, and Jack should have been napping, but wasn't quite ready, so he was goofing around. Anyway, Jack went up to Charlie and was kissing him, and laughing and it was SO CUTE. I took several pictures and almost was crying. It is so wonderful to see my two sons so obviously loving towards each other, and equally enamoured. And it is such a blissful age, with no fighting over anything and just a joy to watch them together. This afternoon (can't say "today" because this morning was filled with lots of crying in the car...Oh well, will take what I can get) has been what I envisioned staying home would be. Lots of fun, sweet, loving children who are also goofy and funny. And now they are both napping...Yeah!

And lastly, Charlie seems to have given me a rest from his sleepless nights (or last night was a fluke). After 5 nights in a row of waking billions of times crying, he slept last night from 7 until 4:30 am, took the pacifier and went right back to sleep until 6:23, then back to sleep again until 9 this morning (when I probably woke him because I needed to get dressed!). It was wonderful, and I am guessing that his teething jaunt is over for the moment. Jack used to be horrible for a week, then fine for a week or two, and then a tooth would pop out, so maybe that will be Charlie's gig as well. I am just hoping that it is all over for awhile, since I am horrible to live with, horrible to talk to and horrible to be. Oh yeah, I want one more kid. Bring it on.

And by the way, Charlie is 5 months old today!

No comments: