Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Home for the Holidays

We have had quite the busy holiday season this year. It started at Thanksgiving, the first one we have been here for since 1998. The weekend after Thanksgiving we had Christmas with my sister and parents, since the latter are in California for the winter. Then we had the Slipka Christmas, a dinner party and the Kelzer Christmas, all before the actual holiday. Yikes. Christmas Eve was fairly quiet; Chad had the day off and we finished some shopping and cleaned up the house. Christmas Day we had Chad's parents, brother and his family and Chad's grandparents over. Opened presents (not many for us, since they gave us our monstorous TV this year) and had a lovely pork loin for dinner.

And the busyness just doesn't seem to stop. A friend of mine is in town from California, so will hopefully be seeing her today and tomorrow. Friday is New Year's Eve, and we are going to a friend's house for a wicked lobster dinner (steak for Chad). Bringing the boys, who will hopefully sleep and allow us some grown-up time.

Now I just need to get a groove on my resolutions! Big Number One is to: LOSE WEIGHT AND GET IN SHAPE. Charlie is almost 6 months old, it is time. I have been setting January as my start time since he was born, and it feels good to be embarking on it. I am actually starting in late January, since we are going to California mid-Jan, and I want to make a habit of this, not start and stop. Joining the Y, my sister is going to as well, and they have licensed daycare there, so it couldn't be better. We took a look around yesterday and I feel really good about this. Chad and I used to belong to Lifetime (before children) and I never felt like I fit in. I felt good at the Y. There weren't too many hotties (enough to make me feel like I could be one, but not enough to make me want to hide), there were LOADS of old people, so no need to impress them! All in all, it was good. Hope it continues that way!

No comments: