Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Inspiration

This morning I was reading a blog of this woman and her twin girls. Today's entry was all about one of them, just a list of little things about her that are sure to change one day soon. Things that will most likely be forgotten. And I thought that was a fabulous idea. In the moment, it seems like you will never forget, but I look back on pictures from Jack when he was 7 months old, and I can't remember that time. I have to think of a certain event, and then I can remember that, but I have a hard time recalling specific cuteness from then. So, I am going to start recording about both of my boys, and today we will do Charlie.

He still wakes up in the night, most times. Usually around 4 or 5, so I let it pass. He does not accept crying it out. I think he got his Mommy's genes and takes it personally.
I think he has an allergy to eggplant (going to confirm it with the doctor on Thursday when he goes in for him 6 months Well Baby Visit), his chin and any skin that surrounds his mouth turns bright red and looks a bit like severe wind burn. But it doesn't affect anything else, just that skin. Other food he has had so far: apricots (gagged on them yesterday, but they were very thick), green peas (wasn't overly fond), sweet potatoes (horrible vomiting incident and haven't fed them to him since), pears (likes them well enough), aforementioned eggplant (which he adores, by the way), squash (digs it), bananas (had a whole post about that) and avocado (not a big fan). Also he has had rice cereal (not the biggest fan, but only gave him in the beginning, and don't think he liked food in general then) and oatmeal (he likes something in it). Today will be the first day that he will eat 3 times (hopefully will get to it all); figured it was time. And I need to get my butt in gear, since there are still days I forget altogether. Whoops.
He loves the Johnny Jump-up, and thinks the exersaucer is ok. He is digging his interactive bouncy set now, tolerates gyms and still loves the mobile and aquarium thing. When he jumps in the Johnny Jump-up, his legs look like frog legs, the way the jump. It is so cute.
His hair is so all over the place. It sticks up on the top and the sides, and no matter what I do, I can never get it to stay down. Not that I really want to yet, it is cute. But I try, just to see if it will.
His eyes are gorgeous! He doesn't necessarily have the lashes like Jack does (although Charlie's are getting darker) but the color blue is beautiful. I really hope they stay blue.
He hasn't really been crying lately, he more screeches. And it is the same screech he does when he is happy, so I always wonder if I need to get him, or if he is fine (like, from his crib).
He is so mellow. He will lay on the changing table and just watch everything, and I swear I could leave him there all day, as long as the action isn't very far away.
He loves his toes. As soon as they are free, he throws them into his mouth, like a long lost love.
He is turning into such a happy baby. For the first 4 or 5 months, he would smile or laugh (you had to really work to hear those) but I wouldn't characterize him as happy. Mellow, chilled, content is what I would use (he is still those). In fact, it was hard to find good pictures of him, because he looked the same in the all; the same little serious face. Like a grumpy old man, only he wasn't grumpy (I swear!). Now, he is a bundle of happiness. I go to get him out of his crib, and it is like he can't contain his happiness at seeing me. He jumps around in his jump-up and looks so happy. It is so fun to watch.
And Charlie loves to eat. Now he is into the groove, and sees the spoon and the food and can't wait for me to shove it in his mouth. I need to plan better, because right now I strap him into the chair, get the food, he sees it and starts to get restless and then I put the bib on. Poor guy can't handle all that suspense! One day here I will get it together.
I am not sure if he does this when he is hungry, or tired, or what, but he will grab my ears and pull me in to suck on my lip. I love it so much, although I am waiting for him to rip one of my earrings out.
He wears 6 - 12 month clothes, which the length fits perfectly, but he looks like he is drowning in width-wise.
He isn't so chatty much, probably because there isn't room with a big brother and 2 dogs, but he will do this breathing thing, where he acts like he is hyperventilating or something, and just sit and do that. It was especially endearing when I was trying to decide if he was allergic to eggplant (wasn't related to the eggplant).
His skin is so beautiful and soft. Jack has almost always had eczema, so it got rough early, but Charlie's is like whipped butter.
He loves my pop cans. I was reading an email about what he could be doing at this stage, and it said that he may be getting up on all fours. Well, not my Charlie, I thought. I laid him on his stomach, and yup, no action. Then I thought....What if he had the right motivation? So I put one of my cans just out of his reach, and sure enough, he was trying. Granted, he couldn't get all the way up or anything, but he wanted to. So, now I know what to use when I want him to practice!

No comments: