Thursday, January 06, 2005

Going Public

I have recently started thinking about going public with this blog. In two different ways, actually.

1. Posting comments on other blogs and actually including my URL
2. Letting some friends of mine know about this blog

The problem with #1 is that I mostly read infertility blogs, and talk about kicking them when they are down, can you imagine reading about all my fertility issues? Also, it means that someone might actually read this blog. You think that's funny, huh? Well, right now there really isn't anyone I have to impress. I can throw caution to the wind and not spell check. I posted a comment on one of my favorite blogs today and I had to re-read it 4 times before I would post it. Oh, the pressure!!!!

The problem with #2 is, what if I want to bitch? Share things I don't want people I may ever see know? Not totally sure what that would be at the moment (hard to remember what modesty is when you have nursed in the busy food court of the Mall of America) but it could happen. And then comes the pressure again. Ugh, so difficult.

The nice things about someone out there reading this is that I would maybe post more. Before I started this blog, I was ruminating about it and always had ideas for good posts. Now, I don't know, I can't seem to summon anything interesting, especially since there will be no discussions, so it is all kind of just an account of what my kids are up to now. SNOOZEFEST. I think I will maybe start reading a Mommy blog or two (ok, I do read a couple now, but most started as infertility blogs) and then I won't feel like I am insulting anyone. Now that I have a plan, time to get my head around implementing it.

As far as the kiddies go, things are good. Charlie has started sitting up, which is hard for me to get my head around. It feels like he has been here forever, but I can't see him ever doing much more than laying around! So, this is a big step. He sat on the floor with me for at least 5 minutes this morning, and it was so fun. I really enjoy him. As for Jack, he is good. He is a little talking machine, and I hesitate to say this, but I think he almost understands everything. This morning I asked him to go to his room and get his cup (he is forever losing cups) and HE DID. Ok, may not seem monumental to everyone, but it was to me. And I feel like we are this close to understanding everything he says. Times, they are a-changing people.

No comments: