Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Things are Looking Up

Jack is finally getting back to normal. I took him into the doctor yesterday, just because he was SO miserable and I was starting to think that it was strep and not his teeth. Well, my mom put the idea into my head, but who is counting. Anyway, hauled ourselves in only to be told that nope, all looks GREAT. Not good or ok or anything, but great. Just great. And the doctor even had the nerve to say "So I really have no idea what could be causing his fussiness. It could be a headache, his teeth or just the age". ARRRRGGGHHHH. He said that he didn't take a good look at his teeth, and it isn't as if Jack was letting him take his sweet time with the exam, so I am no closer to knowing why my little man is so totally miserable. For now, I am going with the 2 year molar excuse. Oh, and the doc said to feel free to medicate. Great.

Anyway, things really do seem better today. We made it to the gym with a little less crying (I would maybe be saying none if Jack hadn't fallen on his way inside and gotten all worked up) and I wasn't called away from my activities, so I call that progress. Jack even resorted back to "please" at lunch and skipped on the way into the house! I was starting to forget he could be fun to be around.

And if all that wasn't good enough, we might meet with the builder tonight. I have been staying up late at night, just laying there and thinking about things with this new house potential. Figuring out what we would need, and do and if it is all doable. I feel like it is and this is right, but I am waiting for the other shoe to drop, I guess. It is dangerously close to me wanting this too much, so I am trying to reign myself in. But I have a job interview on Friday, so I am at least working (ha ha) towards making this happen!

No comments: