Saturday, February 26, 2005

What is Wrong with ME?

Ok, so I just had a major meltdown over a cake. Granted, it was a semi-difficult cake that I have been making for 2 days for Girl's Night tonight, but still, it is a cake. I:

  1. Screamed at Chad when he helped.
  2. After I asked him to help.
  3. I mean SCREAMED.
  4. I did this all in front of the kids.
  5. I banged a spatula on the sink and chipped off a piece of it.
  6. I yelled at my family to leave, and they did; Chad was crying.
  7. I kicked the dog, because she was in my way (not hard, more of a kicking shove, but STILL).
  8. I broke down screaming/crying
  9. Then I kind of fixed the cake.

The cake looks ugly. I am sure it tastes fine, but looks ugly. Or homemade, as the joke in my family goes. Ugh. I just hate this. I would think that I am pregnant, but I literally just finished my period and you have to have sex to create a baby.

We watched the Notebook last night, and I have been in a sort of funk since then. Chad and I had a discussion about more kids; I cried. I think we have agreed to a third, but it still wasn't a great discussion. Then I went up to bed, and cried about my kids. About how much I love them. About how I don't want to get old. About how I don't want to have to leave them. That kind of crap. Had to wake up early to finish the cake from hell. Also have a day from hell. Signing purchase agreement on house at 10, Dinner/reception thingy for Chad's cousin at 1, then girl's night at 5. Chad is pissed; I was out Mon, Wed, Thur and now tonight. Two of those were work, but apparently work only counts if you are the breadwinner in this house. *sigh*. I feel blue. I think it is stress. I hope it is stress. I hope it magically recedes when I sign my name on the dotted line in an hour.

No comments: