Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Cookie Cutters

Jack is getting to a GREAT age. No more teething, for awhile, anyway (molars are a bitch). He can communicate not just random words, but feelings and wants and desires. He sleeps through the night, virtually every night (I say virtually so as not to tempt fate. To be honest, I can't remember the last time he didn't). He can get into bed, get out of bed and needs no monitor on him. He wants to do things, like throw diapers in the diaper genie, zip his zipper, use the potty, and help me cook!! I can see why my friend, Jenny, is all about age 3-4. It rocks!

Anyway, I have wanted to make cookies with Mr. Jack for sometime now. First, I bought a few of those ready made cookie dough, and thought he would help me deposit the dough, cook 'em and eat 'em. Well, he was always napping when I remembered....so, he really didn't get to do ANY of that (they were all eaten by the time he woke up!). So one of my magazines has a recipe for sugar cookies, and I have been dying to use that with him and use the 100+ cookie cutters Chad got me for Christmas last year (I LOVE THEM). Jack is such an alphabet nut, that I thought he would really get a kick out of some letter cookies.

Well, the dough needs to chill for an hour (oops, really should have made it last night), so I got out the virgin cutters and thought Jack could peruse them, at least. Maybe take up 15 minutes or so. 40 minutes later, and STILL GOING. This year, I am thankful for cookie cutters. All 100+ of them.

No comments: