Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Tis the Season

We are sick. Well, not all of us, but enough that makes it crappy. Plus, I am one of the main sickies, so that may be why it is so crappy. Chad started it, and then had the ill graces to sneak off to Wichita for the rest of the week today. Bastard. So I have a whiny, teething and sick Charlie, and a brattish almost 3 year old, who isn't sick....Yet.

Anyway, I also wanted to jot down some random things that are happening right now.

1) Jack is potty trained. My sister asked me if I would say that he was, and my first thought was to say "No". I mean, he still has accidents. Frequently. But they are usually every other day or more. Wherever we go, he goes without a diaper on. Without underwear, too, but that is his choice. And after the last time I tried to force it on him, and we went completely backwards for a week, I have decided to let him have it.

2) How is it that Jack inherited Chad's tendency to cross his toes while he watches TV? Seems a weird thing to inherit, and I doubt Jack has noticed that Chad does it and is copying him.

3) Charlie has 6 teeth, with about 7 to pop through any day. No wonder he is being voted out of the new house!

4) My ability to keep a house clean has nothing to do with the size. It is all me. But I think 6 months of having to live really cleanly has helped matters a lot. Now I wish it would encourage me to unpack the last few pesky boxes.

That seems to be all I can think of in my fuzzy brain right now. The couch calls.

No comments: