Tuesday, November 16, 2004

4 Months Old

Yup, that's right, our Chuckster is now 4 months old and all baby. Everything seems so bittersweet with him right now. I am not sure we will have another (I really want to, but don't want to alienate my husband) and everything seems to go so fast. Ah, but I just remind myself that these are the good days. Charlie can't move yet, he smiles a lot, has a definite sleep rhythm down, eats great but isn't on solids and is just a wonderful baby! No teething, no crawling or walking and getting into stuff, no screaming tantrums, no yelling "NO!"....All of those wonderful things are to come. I think right now is really as good as it gets.

So, as with the 4 month old milestone, a trip to see the doctor (or NP in this case) was called for. He is 16 lbs, 12 oz, 26 inches long, which means new carseat is needed! He will move into Jack's convertible one, and we will buy a Toddler Booster thingy. Anyway, the NP was quite pleased with dear Charlie. He was his charming self, which always helps. She gave me some tips on getting him to sleep through the night (for at 16 lbs, he should be able to by now, which means I will be moving him out of our room soon....*sob*!) and we talked about solids. She thinks that he will be ready about 5 1/2 months or so, and we should start right before his next appointment, basically, which works great with what I was looking for. I am worried about allergies, since Chad has them, and I am in no hurry like I was with Mr. Jack. She thought that he should be ready to roll over any day now, and just increase his tummy time a bit to encourage it, so that is good. All in all, good appointment. A few jabs in poor guy's little thighs and we were out of there. And he has been sleeping much of the day, which really cinches things for me! If only time could freeze, just for awhile.

No comments: