Monday, November 08, 2004

It All Goes By So Fast

Charlie will be 4 months old on Saturday. Jack will be 2 in January. Where has it all gone?

I can barely remember Jack as a baby. I can remember certain events, so most of my memories of him then center around them. Like, my aunt died when he was just a month old, so we flew out for the memorial service. I remember being on the plan with him, all paranoid about the change of altitude and his screaming, and he was great. I also remember going to visit my family in Ohio with him when he was 10 weeks old, and it was kind of stressful, especially since he wasn't a great nurser, but generally ok. I remember the first time we were on our houseboat, and he was trying to crawl in the back bedroom area. So you see, it is almost like all of his milestones are little photographs or short films in my mind.

I wonder how that will be with Charlie. I remember the night that Chad went to his 10 year high school reunion, and Charlie screamed all night. He was about a month old and I almost had to throw him out the window because I was so distraught (ok, not really, throwing them out the window is what I say, I couldn't actually do it). His baptism and how sweet he was. Him sleeping in our bed (I love seeing him sleep there).

How do people ever handle their kids growing up? I am not even 2 years into this parenting biz, and it is killing me!

No comments: