Friday, November 12, 2004

Belly Envy

I had a bout of pregnancy envy the other day. I saw a picture of a very pregnant woman, and I felt a pang. Now, first you must understand this; I did not so much enjoy my last pregnancy. It had happened so much earlier than we had planned, and I was just getting back into my clothes, and I wasn't ready for all of the giving up stuff for the baby. But hey, what can you do? Since I wasn't really into being pregnant, the fact that I was feeling this jealousy was weird to me. I must be getting far enough away from the pregnancy (and life with a newborn!) where I wanted to be there again. And I am so hoping that we will have one more child. So I can feel that all again, for the last time.

Speaking of pregnancy, my newly pregnant friend, Denise, had her first appointment today. She lost her last baby (who was due 2 weeks after Charlie) and is obviously skittish about this one. All looks good, they saw the heartbeat on the ultrasound and she is measuring 6 weeks, 2 days. I am so happy for her, I am just over the moon. I really want everything to be ok with this baby and for her and her family. She is a fabulous person (besides that fact that she has a great name!).

No comments: