Friday, November 19, 2004

Friday is the Worst Day of the Week

Weird, huh? Most everyone looks forward to Friday. There is a restaurant named after how much people look forward to the day. People celebrate and start their weekend off on Friday. I hate Friday.

Ok, so I do look forward to Friday, just because it usually leads to 2 days where I am not left alone with my wonderful kiddies. Many a Thursday I can be found thinking "Wow, tomorrow is Friday!" But on the actual day, I end up hating Friday.

They are always hard. I seem to wake up, counting the hours until my husband comes home. Even if Jack takes a great nap (like today), or Charlie is wonderfully behaved (not so much today) it still wears me out. The amount of TV Jack watches grows throughout the week, and Friday just seems ridiculously filled with TV to get me (I mean us) through the day. I rarely make dinner, and I am not even sure if we do take-out to supplement. I feel like a deflated balloon by the time my equally deflated husband gets home.

Today seems like the worst Friday in history. It is raining, which means Jack wasn't outside as much as he normally is (I guess this is just prepping me for winter). Charlie is being weird, really fussy and not into any sort of nursing, which makes me wonder what is going on inside him. And Chad came home sick. Poor guy, he has been working his heart out this week, and he finally wore himself out. And I so badly just wanted to let him be sick and lay around (which is something I rarely get when I am sick, btw) but I am fading fast and it is getting hard to do. It is almost 5, so with a little luck, only 2 hours until the kids go down and I can breathe again.

Let's just do away with Friday, ok?

No comments: