Wednesday, June 15, 2005

What Was I Thinking?

When we put the house up for sale, we shipped our dogs off to my parents' house. We didn't want to have to maneuver 2 kids, 2 adults AND 2 dogs when/if there were showings. But, a few weeks into this, I am wondering if it wouldn't have been easier with the dogs.

You see, they are vacuum cleaners, or at least mine are. I think a dog is crucial, starting about when your first born can eat table food. Jack never caught on to sign language, but our dogs sure did. I would sign "Food" and they would go running over to his highchair. I guess you can teach old dogs new tricks.

Now that they are gone, I am really missing those times. Especially today. We had chicken rice for lunch (and other things; I do try to get a balanced meal in 'em!) and Charlie got it everywhere. I am not sure how, but he did. Jack's tray looked fairly clean, so I was very impressed at his abilities, but then I took it off, and noticed that a large portion was on his lap.

So, what to do? The dustbuster scares them (ok, we don't own one, but the vacuum does, so I imagine that would, too), the dogs are gone....so I just shake them off a bit. Let all of the food fall to the floor. Naptime is just around the corner, so I will vacuum then. And keep them out of the dining room so I don't have to vacuum the entire house!!!!!!

Ugh, I wish someone would just buy this house already.

No comments: