Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Overload

Wow, I hadn't realized that it had been so long since I last posted. I guess time just gets away from you when you are consumed with 1) house selling 2) house building and 3) kiddies.

Let me elaborate:
1) This house has been on the market for two weeks (today). We have had 9 or 10 showings, 7 or 8 of which was the first week. Yup, definite drop-off. So, we have been busy running around doing little things to see if it won't catch SOMEONE's eye. (and to think I was nervous that someone would buy it on the first showing. HA!). We put carpet in Charlie's room (his hardwood floors were horrible), painted our once red dining room to a boring taupe, striped and re-stained some trim, and other little odd bits here and there. I guess the next move is to drop the price.

2) New house is going Grrrrrrrreat! The started framing already! We were there the Friday of Memorial Day weekend, and the basement was framed and the floor joists were on!!!! That was almost 1 week ahead of when they were supposed to start all of that! Yipppeee! So, of course, we went back last Friday, and the whole main level was up and framed, the concrete for the garage was poured, and they had one lonely wall on the upper level up. It was quite a lovely sight.

3) My kiddies are good, grating on my nerves, but good. Charlie is pulling himself up a lot (mostly on the stairs; I wonder why he prefers them?), babbling like a fool and just generally fun (when he isn't whining about being hungry or filling his pants). I can't believe that he will be a year old next month. Nor how much our lives have changed! Jack is good as well. He is such a little person. You can carry on conversations with him, he knows so much and is really a good kid (except around naptime). I do wish he preferred me to his Granny, but I suppose the fact that I don't allow M&Ms into his body would naturally give the arrow to her. Oh well.

So that is about it from here. Plugging along and all that.

No comments: