Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Cast of Characters

Well, since we are still getting to know each other (I like to pretend I have a huge following already), I feel as if I should introduce my dudes.

First off, there is Jack. Actually, his given name is John, but we call him Jack, and by the way, there is no way we would ever do that again! He is 19 months old and just as sweet as can be. Walking, running, screaming...All of those great toddler activities. He has just moved into that stage where he likes to copy whatever an adult is doing. Now THAT is cute! If I am putting on make-up, he pretends along with me(I don't put any on my forehead, but hey, he is still mastering his skills). And mimicking words we use...It was a special day when he repeated my cry of "Shit!" over and over and over. For the most part, I am really enjoying him. Part of me wishes we had waited longer to have another child, so that I could have had more time just me and him. But not much I can do about that now!

Up next is Charlie, the newest member to this land. He is two months old, and we are still figuring out who he is. He seems to be a happy baby, loves to be held, smiley and cooing, but I think he might be more serious than Jack. I know, hard to tell already, but it is a feeling I have, and have had since early on. His hair is just starting to grow in (he was born with hair just around his head, like the guys with bad comb overs) and it is dark! I had assumed he would be a lookalike to his big bro, but that is not the case. I guess there really wasn't any leftover DNA in the womb from Jack's stay.

And then my husband, Chad. He works for a very large private company in their IT department. He is a good husband, very devoted and loyal, hard-working. My mother thinks he is the bees knees. I wouldn't go quite that far, but he is swell. We have been married for just over 4 years now, and marriage really isn't what I thought it would be. Lots of times, I feel way too young and inexperienced to be married. But I also feel like Chad and I have been together forever, and we are happy together. Not every second (nor minute, for that matter), but in general. It has been rough, me being pregnant so much of the last two years, and being thrown into babyland. But we should be hitting our stride soon so I am not worried. Besides, marriage is all about the peaks and valleys, right?

We also have two dogs, Parker and Sadie. Parker is a Shih Tzu, and Sadie is half that, half Pomeranian. Unfortunately, the Pomeranian is dominant in her. She licks SO much! But they are good dogs, and quite good with Jack (less so when he was a baby, and now Charlie too. They run over them in their desire for attention). They put up with Jack's pulling and torture pretty well. There has been some growling and little snaps, but I know if they haven't bit him yet, they probably won't. And they love to go into his room after he is asleep, and cuddle up in bed with him. I am waiting until he stops tugging on them to leave them in all night.

So, that is my motley crew. I always thought I would have more chicks than dudes, to be honest. This sons thing is catching me off guard, but the more I do it, the more I wonder if maybe I am cut out for these guys rather than some gals. My mood swings are bad enough, I can't imagine a mini me!

No comments: