Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Ode to my Hubs

My husband is convinced that I started this blog to be able to bitch and moan about him any time I want. Just because I mentioned to him that I started one, and I would rather he didn't read it. I was excited, and so I told him, but then I remembered that I didn't want anyone I know to know about this...so I asked him not to read it. I suppose I would feel subconscious, too. But that is not why I started this, which I believe I have already stated...maybe I should let him read this!

So, one of my all-time favorite blogs is written by this woman, Julia, who lives near where I do (which makes me think I know her, but I am fairly certain I don't...She is too cool). In a recent post of hers, she wrote 23 things about her husband, and I think it is one of the most romantic things I have every read. So, in honor of my husband, who HAS been driving me nuts lately, and in case he breaks down and reads this soon (love you, honey), here are 13 things I love about him (that is how many I could get to before Jack woke up).

1. He finds me attractive. I am flabby after these two babies, and wasn't so hot before. Many times he comes home, and I haven't combed my hair, much less dressed nice. And yet the man still wants me. I have huge body issues, so for me, this is a big one.

2. He is a sports nerd. Sometimes it annoys me, but I also really like it. I love how he and his dad would camp together (with another father-son combo) and at night they would concoct the perfect baseball team, using players from the Twins over the years. Or name players for every letter of the alphabet. So cute.

3. He really is a good Daddy. He may not remember to pack a diaper bag, or what to feed him for dinner, but he loves his kids. Watching him and Jack play together is really sweet. And I know Jack adores him, since he "calls" him on the phone ALL DAY LONG.

4. He takes care of things. The trash and recycling, the cars, the lawn...These are things I never give one thought too, thanks to him. The bills are also his domain, but they should really be mine. He ain't so great with them, but hey, he tries.

5. He was ready for a minivan before I was. How many other women my age can say that?

6. He has a nice body. Not super built or anything, but I do like watching him get ready for bed!

7. He is very outgoing. I love that I can take him to a party and never worry about him. When my grandfather died earlier this year, he talked more to my cousins than I did!

8. He is asks me how I want his hair cut before he goes. It sometimes annoys me when he disagrees (then why ask?) but I like that he asks. He does it when we are getting ready to go somewhere, too. He likes to dress in what I like.

9. He is pretty easily cajoled out of a bad mood.

10. He moved abroad with me, even though he didn't want to. And he finally realized how much he loved it there before he left.

11. He puts up with a LOT of shit from me.

12. He likes to bring me flowers, and I like to receive them.

13. He is very handy and willing to try things himself. Admittedly, it scares him to do DIY projects himself, but to his credit, he has done it, and done them well.

Well, sort of lame, but I like to think of these things now and then. Now, if the man would just throw some more romance in, he would be golden. But I will keep him anyway.

No comments: