Tuesday, March 29, 2005

My Big O

I tend to get obsessed pretty easily, as my husband would readily tell you. I was obsessed to get engaged, to move abroad, to move back again, to have a baby, to buy a house...obsessed. Or focused, as I like to think of it.

I am very, very, very focused on the new house at the moment. I am not sure if it is because there is such a delayed gratification with it, or that there is so much to plan for, or what, but I can't stop thinking of it. Going through the options over and over and making sure that every possible need I could have in the next 30 years will be met (sha, riiiiiiight). I have been dreaming about it even! UGH!

I guess it is just the planner in me. I love to plan things out and I hate it when there is nothing to plan! So, while much of me wants to plan the hell out of this house, there is a piece of me holding back a bit, so that I am not bored come next Christmas. I am pretty much focusing on the main level, and leaving the bedrooms and office for later. The landscaping is gonna be a several year process, so that is good, too. I guess even obsession needs to be in moderation.

No comments: