Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Questions

So, one of the many blogs I read features this Mom and her twin girls. On today's post, she asked people to ask any questions they wanted, and since I am sometimes at a loss for things to write about (apparently my day-to-day life really is boring!!), I am going to use these questions for a few entries here. So, here is question one (in no particular order, of course.

How much do Jack and Charlie interact? Hmm, not a whole lot together. Jack is all about Charlie, though. When we went to the park yesterday, the first thing he did was run over to Charlie in the stroller and kiss him and say "Lubalubalubalub" which is "I love you" in Jack speak. Then he ran off to play. And, recently I have noticed that Charlie looks at Jack, which is a big step for him. Previously he hadn't noticed him so much, even when Jack was in his face!

If you had a weekend away from them, what would you do? Well, if I had a weekend away from them, but with my husband, I would want to go to a romantic cottage. Somewhere right on the water would be fabulous. Just reconnect and sleep late and do lazy things. If I had a weekend TO MYSELF (unheard of), well, probably the same thing! Sleep late, read and write and stay in a cottage on the water! Funny, huh?

What is your favorite part of your day right now? It is the morning. The mornings are usually less frantic, less hectic, less tiresome, less stressful. Jack naps in the morning, Charlie sleeps easier in the morning, I am a little more rested in the morning. I feel like I can focus and do anything in the morning. By afternoon, the tantrums have worn me down, I am counting down to 5 when I can use Jack's one hour of TV time for Sesame Street, plunk him down, and not deal with him (hopefully; sometimes it doesn't work quite like that). Charlie starts sleeping weird in the afternoons sometimes, and that sucks. So, mornings.

Which one of your kids will be the rebel, which one will be the goody two-shoes? Well, as it seems right now, Jack will be the rebel and Charlie my good guy. Jack is so into his terrible twos and climbing all over and throwing tantrums and getting hurt and screaming and demanding, that it is hard to imagine him being a good guy when he grows up! Whereas Charlie is still so sweet, and he when he is fighting sleep, all he wants to do is pull me closer to him, like he can't get enough of me, that it is hard to imagine him being naughty. But who knows what the next 20 years will bring!

No comments: