Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Updates

Not a whole lot has been going on around here. We had our monthly playgroup yesterday at our house. It is us, and two of my friends from high school and their two boys (and one of the women is due any day now). Our (first) boys are all within 3 months of each other, and had my one friend (also Denise) not lost her baby at 20 weeks, we would have all had a second just 3 months apart. Anyway, at the last meeting, Jack beat up the other kids, and since Charlie was still so young and I was holding him most of the day (we were without the swing, and boy could I tell!) I couldn't deal with things so well. Thankfully, yesterday was better. No beating up, but Jack wasn't in to any sharing. He would take the toys right out of the other boys' hands! So frustrating! What am I supposed to do in this situation? Distraction doesn't work. Time out didn't really work. A nap and some food helped, but it didn't go away.

At least Charlie slept most of the time (swing).

In other news, Charlie will be 3 months old next week, so it is time to get serious about his sleeping. Need to wean him from the swing and into the crib! I have started to read a sleep book, and am actually hoping that it will cure Charlie, but will also help with Jack's sporadic naps. Yup, still playing that game. We shall see. I have to read 300 or so pages before they tell me what to do, so it might be awhile.

Jack is really a counting phenom. He counts up to eleven perfectly, and Chad says he goes even higher. What a sweetie. We are moving on to colors now, just for a little variety.

Nothing exciting, but all fun just the same.

No comments: